Boss Babe Date #3 08/15
15 August 2016 / 6:00 PM / Whole Foods Meeting Room
Re-Cap of Meeting Agenda
Introduction & Define Purpose for Group
5-Minute Pep Talk by Kendra Ransom
Business Focus: Recent Lessons on Business by Amanda Lairsey
I am a podcast-lover. I listen to podcasts while I work every day. When Alexis Teichmiller shared her new podcast… I immediately listened. The podcast gave a ton of great advice on running a business plus encouraged listeners to build strong relationships and create balance (totally up my alley!). So…. I decided to share with the group what I learned and how I thought we could apply it to running our own businesses.
We listened to four small sections (8-minutes total) of Alexis Teichmiller’s first Podcast Episode where she interviewed Larz May. Both Alexis and Larz are from Nashville. Here are the main points from each section. I recommend listening to the ENTIRE episode because it has a ton of great advice.
9:18 – 11:05, Embrace Yourself – What did you learn/hear from this?
- No one is going to believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself. – @livinlikelarz
- Own who you are.
15:40 – 17:05, Overcoming Failure – preface with “losing a client” – What did you learn/hear from this?
- When is a dream no longer worth fighting for? – When you lose yourself.
- Relationships are what help you grow.
- Know when to stop. Fail fast. Get back up & run the next race.
21:04 – 22:30, Relationships are important – What did you learn/hear from this?
- Growing where you’re planted. Focus on relationships around you.
- If you’re always focused on the future, then you won’t be happy. Focus on now. Bloom where you are.
- You can’t hide behind your computer all day. That’s not where the magic happens. It happens in building real relationships
29:51 – 32:35, Know when to say “no” – What did you learn/hear from this?
- When it’s dragging you, end it gracefully
- Prioritize; Rest. Take care of yourself.
- Throw your phone into a drawer.
- Set boundaries.
What is something you learned this month about your business? How has it helped you grow?
Embrace yourself. Overcome your failures quickly. Get back up. Build long-lasting relationships. Create balance. Take care of yourself.
We are attending the Business Boutique Conference in Nashville on November 4 & 5. Tickets are $50/person when we buy in a group of 10 or more. Contact Amanda if you wish to attend with the group and get your discounted rate.
Next Meeting is Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM at Whole Foods Meeting Room in Cool Springs.
A new survey about the group will be published and sent out in the next few days. We have secured a speaker for both the September and October meetings. Go ahead and mark your calendar because both speakers are awesome! More to come. 🙂